As you may know packaging is a big deal to us. We make the best possible decision with all the resources we have available to ensure that we are making minimal impact with our packaging choices.
Facts about some materials:
- Plastic is made from oil and gas drilled from the earth's crust. It has to be drilled out from a deep level and this process has a major environmental impact.
- Plastic doesn’t decompose. It can only usually be recycled a few times.
- Aluminum is infinitely recyclable with no loss of material or quality.
- Metals are elements and are permanently available
- Glass is also infinitely recyclable. However, it is heavier to transport and takes up a lot more space due to having to be packaged more.
- Cardboard is light and easy to transport. It does have a limit to how many times it can be recycled. It will naturally decompose into the earth after that time is up.